pretty things to see, feel, eat

Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Stripes and Stacking Bracelets

It's here at last - British summer is here, just a week before the official height of summer, we have brilliant sunshine, blue skies, and warmth!  This weekend was just before the real warm weather hit, and I decided that I was going to force the summer out by wearing my stripy summer maxi dress... and look, it worked!

I love this dress, bought from a stall in Santa Monica, I can't remember exactly where, for no more than $15.  Strapless, it doubles as a skirt too, so multifunctional as well as extremely comfortable.

I've been collecting my bracelets over time, and they all have special memories for me, not least of which is the fact that my mother has always worn a clutch of silver bracelets on her left arm, and the jingle-jangle noise she made as she came up the stairs always alerted my sisters and I of her approach!  Not that we were ever that naughty anyway though.  Ah, missed opportunities.  These are just a few.

Bracelets from Monica Vinader, Dinny Hall, Wright & Teague, and gifted from friends

(P)leather jacket, M&S, grey marl cardi worn underneath at the weekend, when the wind was still a bit chilly, from Zara.

Earings from Accessorize

Sneakers, Converse

Have a wonderful week!



This post is linked to:

pleated poppy               Black.White.Color



26 comments:

  1. Looking gorgeous girl-love those silver bracelets, stripey dress (gotta love a stripe) and pretty Acccessorise earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that I've finally given up on the old mantra of "vertical stripes only", and I have such a weakness for Accessorize!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!!

    Come link up with me at Watcha Wearing Wednesday! http://www.themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. $15!! Wowser. Fab find methinks.. You look gorge my dear, as always :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I feel better about finding a bargain in a boutique than in a Primarni!

      Delete
  4. i love your dress!!! and how you paired it with chucks. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! I love Cons, have waaay, too many pairs if there is even such a thing!

      Delete
  5. Love those earrings! Visiting from WIWW blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking good girl! And thanks for forcing that (stubborn) summer to come out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thrilled it's here - my favourite dressing season!

      Delete
  7. you look so pretty! love your maxi! :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - I love that dress! I just got a pair of Converse sneakers and can't wait to wear them this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have about 8 or 9 pairs of Chucks, love them!

      Delete
  9. You look fabulous!! I love that all your bracelets mean something... they're always better when they mean something aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it feels much more personal, and like they hold a memory that literally sits against my skin

      Delete
  10. You look fab! I love the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab outfit. I particularly like those bracelets. You really are a stylish lady :) x. Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sneakers with this dress are perfection!

    ReplyDelete