pretty things to see, feel, eat

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Working Mama Style

I haven't updated this space in a while, but I am back!  I started a new job in mid-July, and have been unsure about whether to continue this blog as well as my main site, Mama and More.  No decisions yet, so I've decided to keep them both going for now, although who knows, in future they may just end up together.


My new job is with an upscale fashion brand, and so I've been back to dressing up to the nines for work.  It's interesting to be in this kind of company, and all sorts of thoughts are going through my head about it, about body image, about perceptions of style.  One thing is for sure, it is full steam ahead at work, with turbo engines roaring, so we'll see when I get to write about all of the above.


In the meantime though, summer is still here, so the legs are still out, enjoying freedom from compulsory layers.  


White Shirt from Twenty8Twelve (it really had been ironed when I took it out, this is what happens when your children are so delicious you HAVE to cuddle them!); Navy shorts from Hennes; Burberry wedges



Floral dress - no label, gifted; belt from Mango, wedge sandals from Pied a Terre

I hope you're having a wonderful summer.
Let me know what you're wearing to work?

22 comments:

  1. It's just starting to get cooler here - I've been peering into my drawers of Autumn clothes! Eeep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is fab my clothes are pretty boring and I hav to wear black trousers and a red polo neck t-shirt for work lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least it saves you a tonne of time in the morning!

      Delete
  3. I've given up on a summer wardrobe all my local shops are full of willies and winter woollies. I'm hoping to make some winter dresses along the lines of your lovely floral dress x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm hoping your local shops are full of wellies!!

      Delete
  4. Cute outfits! I'm loving the shorts and white shirt...it's a good transition to fall outfit! Thanks for commenting on my blog today so I could discover yours...new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for swinging by here too! x

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new job! I love your floral dress!!!

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love your working style, on trend but practical while being chic all at the same time - love it :)

    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting dressed up for work is one of the best bits about going to work at all! Thanks for the visit x

      Delete
  7. You look fab in both outfits Mama, love your style and we need a catch up about your new job! I adore the floral dress and those Burberry shoes are just wow! Thanks for linking up to #fashionfriday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, catchup overdue! We will connect v soon, thanks for commenting hon x

      Delete
  8. I am a huge fan of shorts/white shirt and wedges combination. Such a great look x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm enjoying getting the legs out while I can! x

      Delete